Monday, January 16, 2012

Week -41: Back At It

We had a pretty good week this week.  Very busy, and we didn't get in the 6 workouts that we are trying for this time of year, but I think I made some progress in every sport.

The swim was a good 1km, broken into two halves.  Caroline still is probably 60% faster than me, but I can put in 500 meters in about 12 minutes now, in a 25 meter pool.  I remember that was the distance that you needed to do for the Bronze Medallion way back, and I remember the cutoff was 20 minutes.  I barely passed, and failed some of the trials during the course.  So, 20 minutes to 12 minutes - I can live with that for now.

I got the usual commuting miles in this week on the bike, along with my first actual road ride of the season.  I was aiming for 100k, but I think 65 solo is good enough (again, for now).  Hopefully I can build that up every Friday afternoon to do a weekly 100k.


And then of course running.  I still can't run.  I have been using the hamster wheel / park next door every other day, and running a lap.  It feels differently every time, and not in any sort of progression.  We'll see if I can build it up to two laps next week.


(T-41 weeks and counting until New Zealand)
Matt Caroline
Swim
Sessions
1
1
Distance (m)
1000
1500
Bike
Distance (km)
118
15
Elevation (m)
548
0
Run
Sessions
2
2
Distance (km)
1
7
Backcountry
Distance (km)
23
24
Elevation (m)
1200
1300

No comments:

Post a Comment