Friday, January 13, 2012

First Real Mileage Ride

This whole training thing has started to feel very real and very urgent over the last week (possibly because we sat on the couch all of last week).  So I made sure I got out of work right on time today, and headed out for the first real mileage ride of the year.  The original plan was to go for a full 100km, but I ended up with just shy of 65 due to a combination of time restraints and me not being as fit as I had hoped.  Iona beach was the highlight of this ride.

Iona


I also used my new Garmin Edge 800 computer for the first time. It's pretty cool what you can do with it.  A sample is below - if you "view details" you can see pace/speed/distance/elevation....if I wanted to completely geek out I could buy a heart rate monitor, cadence monitor and a power meter and you could see that as well.  I'm sure this is not too interesting to anyone but me, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

Also, according to Garmin's programmers, I burned over 2,000 calories.  That seems a little high to me, but I guess what do I know?


No comments:

Post a Comment